Friday, November 1, 2013

Should be trim down on food stamps or other benefits?

         On Friday, November 1, 2013 the NewYork Times published a article tittled As Cuts to Food Stamps Take Effect, More Trims To Benefits Are Expected. Today marks the day that the National Govt. starts to make cuts on Food Stamps for Americans that are receiving this assistance. This argument can swing both ways, but my opinion I feel that the govt. has made a good decision. In the article the author remains neutral giving off statistics, that the govt. will shave off $5billion in the year 2014. Its clear that by including these statics, food consumption will drop because of these cuts.
        In my opinion I feel the govt. should make these cuts because a lot of people abuse the system. I think that most people get on these benefits, because they don't want to work and usually want everything handed to them. Yes the consumption will go down, but people need to wake up and not expect the govt. to help them with everything.                                                                                                
        The other argument can be made that there are people that do need it, but I strongly agree that the govt. should crack down to weed out the the people that are taking advantage of this system. I know its harsh, but it shouldn't be the governments job to support your family for years on end, this benefit should be used for people to get their feet back under them. I would recommend this article because its non bias and people need to know that food stamps will be cut. I feel the argument can go both ways, but I don't think we should put in as much money into a system that is being taken advantage of.

                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment